Symbiote Surface Materials
Choose from a variety of Wilsonart® and Pionite® high-pressure laminates; and Nevamar® Static Dissipative Laminates. Symbiote surfaces are pre-drilled with mounting locations to save time on installation and for adding accessories.
- Select high-pressure laminate, dissipative laminate, Chemsurf®, stainless steel, phenolic and hardwood.
- Get our complete material selection guide.
Cleanable Surface Options: Care and Maintenance
As we adjust to a new normal during the COVID-19 pandemic, the materials for your next project may be different than before. Some materials offer more protection due to their ease of cleanability. With regular care and maintenance, your Symbiote surface will provide years of performance. Download technical data sheets below. Laminates carry a 12-year warranty; see the furniture warranty and terms. If you have questions, please contact Symbiote Customer Service at 800.283.2434.
- Use a solution of warm water and mild, non-abrasive soap. No abrasive cleaners, acids or alkalis should be used. Remove stubborn stains with a 2-minute exposure of 5:1 water to bleach solution, followed by a clean water rinse. Protective gloves recommended.
- For normal cleaning, clean laminate with warm water and mild soaps, such as those used for hands or dishes. Cleansers containing abrasives, acids or alkalis may damage the surface. Stubborn stains may be removed with a 1.5 minute exposure to hypochlorite bleach, such as Clorox®, followed by a clean water rinse.
Epoxy Resin Surfaces
- For normal cleaning, use acetone (where allowed). Apply acetone and wipe away with a paper towel or clean rag. Crystal Simple Green® (or comparable household cleaning product) can be used as well.
- Do not use wax or polish containing wax, abrasive pads, powders or liquids (such as Soft Scrub) on epoxy surfaces or sinks, as dulling the surface may occur.
- For normal cleaning, use a soft cloth or sponge and mild cleaner suitable for counters and other household surfaces such as 409® or Fantastik®.
- For stubborn stains use a solvent solution (Lacquer/Paint Thinner.) Avoid cleansers containing abrasives, acids or steel wool. For added gloss and protection apply a liquid or spray furniture wax to the entire surface of the top and rub to a glossy finish.
Stainless Steel Surfaces
- For normal cleaning, clean the surface with warm water and a gentle detergent. Mild non-scratching abrasive powders such as typical household cleaners can be used with warm water, bristle brushes, sponges, or clean cloths. Avoid ordinary carbon steel brushes or steel wool as they may leave particles embedded on the surface which can lead to rusting.
- For more aggressive cleaning, add a small amount of vinegar to the scouring powder. Cleaning should always be followed by rinsing in clean warm water.
- To remove fingerprints use a glass cleaner and a soft cloth, followed by a clean, warm water rinse.
- Sani-Cloth AF3 Wipes by PDI are disposable, saturated cloths with a quaternary disinfectant cleaner. Recommended for use in hospitals and critical care areas where control of the hazards of cross contamination is paramount.
Surface Laminate Colors and Styles
- View Symbiote standard laminate colors.
- Rectangular, corner or peninsula style tops have square corners or round edges with coordinating edge band colors.
- Special order colors and sizes are available; request a quote.